Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics
The scientific committee tasks:
• ICBME is based on the recommendations of the Publishing Ethics Committee (COPE).
The scientific committee of the ICBME is actively working to improve the quality of the conference.
• The scientific committee of the conference is responsible for deciding on the publication of articles submitted to the conference.
• Reviewing articles in terms of complying with the policies of the Iranian Society for Biomedical Engineering and adhering to the approved laws is one of the duties of the scientific committee of the conference.
• The scientific committee of the conference should examine the article solely in terms of content and regardless of the authors' race, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, ethnicity, citizenship or political orientation.
• The scientific committee’s chair and any member of the scientific committee should not disclose any information about the submitted article except to the responsible author, reviewers, editors and publisher.
• The reviewing process in this conference will be one-sided judging so that the referee is unknown to the author but the referee sees the author's name.
• The scientific committee’s chair may not use unpublished items in submitted articles without the written permission of the author.
The reviewers tasks
• The reviewers assist the editor of the journal in publishing the quality, content and scientific review of the articles. The reviewers communicate with the author through the members of the scientific committee to help the author to improve the quality and content of the article.
• All information contained in the articles should be considered confidential to the arbitrator and should not be shown or discussed to anyone other than those authorized by the Scientific Secretary.
• Judging articles should be based on sufficient scientific documents and reasoning and should be clearly stated and should not be expressed in terms of personal taste in judging articles.
• The reviewer should draw the editor's attention to any significant similarities or overlaps between the articles under review or any other published article of which he is aware.
• Special information or ideas obtained during the arbitration should be kept confidential and should not be used for personal gain.
• Any referee who feels that he does not have the necessary qualifications to review a research work, for any reason, whether the subject of the article is not in the field of work or the refereeing process is prolonged due to lack of time or lack of access to sufficient facilities, etc. should inform the editor. And cancel the review process of the article.
• Paying attention to the sources used in the article is another task of the reviewers, all research, topics and quotes used in the article should be accompanied by a complete reference in the bibliography.
• Arbitrators should not accept articles for which the interests of certain individuals, institutions and companies are obtained or personal relationships are observed.
• Please pay attention to the cases related to combating scientific fraud in this link.
The authors tasks:
Authors of research articles should provide a good scientific statement of its importance in addition to an accurate report of the work done.
Articles should be detailed and referential enough to allow others to replicate it. False statements are immoral and unacceptable.
It is against the law to submit an article to several journals at the same time or to submit articles published or accepted in other journals.
Articles submitted by authors should be the work of the author of the article and any use of other people's research should be cited in the article.
All those who have a significant share in the work should be named as co-authors or appreciated as collaborators.
The corresponding author must ensure that the names of all co-authors are included in the article and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the article and agree to submit it to the journal for publication.
Whenever the author notices any errors or inaccuracies in his / her article, he / she shall inform the conference or the publisher about it and correct the action or withdraw the article.
Terms of the author responsible for correspondence
The corresponding author is the same as the contact author or the responsible author. For each article, a correspondence writer is selected. Since the author is responsible for the correspondence, determines the accuracy and validity of the article and is also responsible for all legal aspects of the article, so the author responsible for the correspondence must:
A- Be a member of a recognized and registered organization. (In the case of academic papers, the supervisor is usually responsible for correspondence with the academic email address).
B- The email used on the site and inserted in the article must be the same and belong to the same organization.
C- Yahoo and Gmail emails and the like, which are related to public social networks and not organizational; will not be accepted as the corresponding author's email.